Have you ever heard someone say this about their own health, "I'm not really qualified to make that decision."? Maybe in a self deprecating way that laughs off their feeling of inadequacy when addressing their own health and healing?
Most people have about a 6th grade idea of how the body works. Some, many, have less facts than that. But people can understand how it works. It's like having an owner's manual and not leaving out the facts. Here are several facts most people have not thought about before:
1. People are not the same as machines. Humans have animation (animātiō a bestowing of life) They are alive.
2. People have feelings. Thoughts with emotions become feelings. The human nervous system, the part of ourselves that we feel everything with is so dense that if every other part of was taken away a person would still be identifiable. We are walking, talking and experiencing every facet of life and feeling it too!
3. Treating people like machines is detrimental to their health. Constantly and consistently going after the symptom is not the same as going after the cause. One can buy sponges if the roof leaks but where is the common sense in that?
4. The cause is always in spirit first. We begin as spirit, as two cells that merge together to create one cell and we are evolving continually, and that means that the way we interpret everything that happens to us is through our feelings, whether or not we can vocalize them or whether they become buried in the mundaness of daily life. So Spirit, Memory, Mind and Body is the correct flow, above-down, inside-out is how healing and disease both occur.
5. Spirit is where one finds it. When making choices in our lives it can really help to ask oneself how does this choice feel? And taking a moment to breathe and be present is the way one listens to Spirit. It is as easy as breathing. And breathing is the most important function the body has. And Humans get to have control over it! Unlike kidney function. Well, actually its very much like kidney function except the conscious mind isn't really in charge of most bodily functions. For example a mother doesn't decide when to make the baby's liver. It just happens.
6. Subconscious mind is the interface between body and Spirit. This part of the mind is accessed by feelings and pictures (visualizations). And this is where it is so easy to get into healing. Because thoughts create chemistry and chemistry influences every function of the body, e v e r y f u n c t i o n.
With the power of this understanding come responsibility. Knowing this we now have the power to make our choices. We can choose what we want to experience. Making a decision to not allow this understanding and remain stuck in our limiting beliefs is also a decision. Most of us know someone that doesn't want to be confused with facts. They will hold on to their limiting belief even if it kills them, literally.
This proverb showed up yesterday: Cynics look high and low for wisdom-and never find it; the open minded find it right on their doorstep!
This is from the book of Proverbs in the old testament. Yup, the Bible has encouragement to be open minded. Did that throw anyone off? Did you have a limiting belief challenged there? Good for you! That's the power of allowing. Allowing creates a space for healing to happen. And guess who are the greatest healers - children. They have no limiting beliefs. They are ready for whatever to happen and to believe!
So are you smarter than a 6th grader?